I had a customer that had well over 40 GPO polices with 500+ changes settings altogether. I had to parse through them all and doing so in Notepad++ was so much easier. Here is how you do it.
This example is for the default domain policy:
- Open Group Policy Management (GPMC).
- Select your GPO. You can choose a GPO link or the GPO itself.
- Choose the Settings Tab and click Show all
- Right Click anywhere and Select All
The Right Click and Copy Selection (or use Ctrl-C)
- Paste that copied data into Wordpad or preferably Notepad++
- Click search at the top and then replace:
Replace hide$ with nothing in Regular Expression mode and click Replace All.
There you have it. Easy to read and find what you need!